Dystrophy Annihilation Research Trust [DART] is the first Research lab in India focusing on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). We are a parent founded and funded organisation working towards achieving a realistic treatment option to alleviate and reverse the dystrophy condition at the genetic level thereby enhancing the quality of life of affected children.
Some of the objectives of the organization are:
- Providing information about MD
- Raising awareness about the disorder
- Working to create access and inclusion in education, employment and public places
- Working towards research for “orphan” diseases
- Counseling support for children and families
- Medical advisory and rehabilitation support
- Assistance to families on tax concession provided by the Government of India
- Collaborate with NGOs to raise awareness about the needs of children with disabilities
- Organizing and coordinating meetings and conferences on MD
The setting up of the R&D lab holds out much hope for children with MD. Families can take comfort in the fact that critical research is being carried out within their reach. Though international research is in progress, not everybody can get access to such research. The lab is much needed to provide critical intervention in MD.